Sunday 8 May 2011

All Women Become Like Their Mothers...

"All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That is his."-Oscar Wilde.

I have heard many people hope and wish and pray that they are nothing like their mothers when they are older. I would have to disagree with that. I hope I am just like my mother and am perfectly happy with becoming a younger, brunette version of her. When people tell me that I look like mom I take that as a compliment. Can many people say that? My mother is beautiful, all class, all style and has always been the coolest mom I know. At twenty-five I have never once stopped looking up to her.

Growing up she encouraged me to be myself, taught me to love and be compassionate. I get my crafty genes, my thrifty abilities and my fashion tendencies from watching her.I would not be who I am, where I am or have the values that I have without her encouragement . I also can't forget that she impressed the importance of washing my make-up off at night and the value of a really good hair cut. I love my mom. Happy Mother's day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment