Tuesday 22 October 2013

At Midnight I Will Turn Into a Pumpkin...

"At midnight I will turn into a pumpkin and then drive away in my glass slipper..."
- Audrey Hepburn

Halloween is fast approaching and I have yet to unpack my box of Halloween decorations. Maybe it's because it is so mild out. With the exception of the leaves finally starting to turn, it feels a lot more like the first of September then the end of October. Don't get me wrong, I have been to the pumpkin patch, I have hollowed out a few squashes and spiced lattes and ciders have more than kissed these lips a few times already this fall. I have watched three of the Friday the 13th movies as well as two of the Halloween horror films but it is just so hard to believe that it is almost the end of October!

Last week a group of fab ladies from work go together to decorate pumpkins. Picture a handful of health care professionals, ten colours of glitter, glue, sparkles and paint. There was a massive sparkly mess to clean up, I am sure of that but it was so much fun. It's also provided a nice change from carving pumpkins (they won't rot!). A perfect way to spend a fall afternoon!

If  you want to get crafty like we did, here are some supplies to grab, readily available at any dollar store!
  • Glitter, one should buy lots of glitter!
  • Acrylic paint
  • Tape for making patterns on pumpkins
  • Glue...classic old while Elmer's works, but I would also suggest a glue gun for be-dazzling
  • Paint brushes/ foam brushes. Foam are great for painting big-pumpkin surfaces and small are great for making patterns with glue then dusting them with glitter
  • Optional- gemstones, pearls, feathers, googly eyes and ribbons 
Check out our day below and check out the simple centrepiece I made for Thanksgiving (confession- made a similar one with dahlias two years ago, I think I prefer the sun flowers!) . Happy crafting!
-m












No comments:

Post a Comment