Tuesday 25 February 2014

Vegetables Are a Must.....

"Vegetables are a must on a diet; may I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread and pumpkin pie."- Jim Davis

I am officially on a diet. A new job, a little stress and a bit of over-indulgence has lead me down a slippery slope over the last year and that slope stands between me and my best self. I am travelling to Mexico in a couple of months and am whipping my arse in high gear. I know, diet is a nasty term but bathing suit shopping is a term and practise that originates from the deepest, darkest, bowels of hell. I would probably rather donate a kidney and get a bikini wax at the same time than go bathing suit shopping. I would rather carve my nipples off with butter knives while simultaneously rubbing hot peppers in my eyes. My hatred runs that deep.

This year it won't get the best of me! I have been enjoying hunting for alternative recipes that taste good and that are fun to make. I have a new found love for spaghetti squash and cauliflower may be my new favourite veg. Looking for an easy side that tastes good AND is good for you? Find my roasted cauliflower recipe below. I could eat this every day, it's that tasty!
Happy taking care of yourselves all!
-m
PS. I just got back from NYC and can't wait to share all of my travel tips and suggestions from locals! Eep!

Oven Roasted Cauliflower

This is literally the EASIEST thing in all of the world to make. Pre-heat your oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Wash a head of cauliflower and cut into bite sized florets. Lay florets on parchment paper and drizzle with good quality extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with smoked paprika and cayenne pepper then finish with a good sprinkle of sea salt. Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes and serve hot! Nom, nom, nom. Easy right?





No comments:

Post a Comment