Wednesday 17 July 2013

A Woman's Mind Is Clearer Than A Man's....

"A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often."-Oliver Herford

I do change my mind...a lot. Yet I can be very decisive when I need to be. No fuss and no muss.

I like to thrift and breathe new life into things that are old and discarded. I hunt at flea markets, yard sales and thrift stores. I like changing my surroundings and I enjoy looking for ways to improve the things I already have. Pinterest, damn pinterest is also constantly tweaking me in all kinds of new directions, and inspiring me (while wasting blank number of hours...).

Two years ago I bought a sturdy vintage table from Value Village. It cost me a whopping twelve bucks. It was a non-descript brown and I quickly slapped on a coat of cream paint. It lived as my television stand for about a year and continued to do so until I found an awesome turquoise one that hid a multitude of sins (wires, digital cable boxes etc.). At that point my little cream table moved to the entry way to act as a catch all, housing a basket for mittens and a bowl for change and keys.

Last week it poured, I was bored and looking for a project (I am ALWAYS looking for a project!) and I spied my thrifted table. The paint was peeling off the top, it still looked fine but was a cluttered mess. I popped to the basement and found my light aqua paint from my kitchen and put a quick coat on my mirror and then a coat on the top of the table. A little varnish later and I couldn't be happier with the result! Happy thrifting and happy rainy-day-creativity everyone!
-m


No comments:

Post a Comment