Sunday 28 July 2013

Efficiency Is Doing Things Right....

"Efficiency is doing things right; effectiveness is doing the right things "- Peter Drucker

Many of my friends can attest to the fact that I am a mild environmental crusader... right Michala? I try to keep my carbon footprint to a minimum. I recycle and compost everything, oil and electricity are on a tight leash at my house and my water bill is kept as low as possible. I drive a fuel efficient car and bring reusable cups and bottles with me everywhere I go. Did I mention my dishwasher is NEVER used ?!

Needless to say, I was mega pumped to have Energy Nova Scotia come by to assess my home and give it a much needed energy-boost . They replaced all my bulbs with new compact fluorescent ones (soft white), they replaced the filter screen on all of my taps to reduce water use . I was provided with a new low flow shower head and a detailed plan on how I can take certain steps to make my home even more energy efficient. They also informed me of province wide rebates and tax breaks for making these changes and how to apply for them. Guess how much all of that cost ?? FREE!! Free, can you believe it ? Nova Scotia is being proactive to reduce the strain on our natural resources and the strain on the power grid. Amazing ! Most provinces have a similar program, so give them a call and donate an hour of your day to saving yourself money (ya-hoo) and the environment. Double- whammy great ! Keep it green all !
-m


No comments:

Post a Comment